Nicole Kennedy Design

Ideation, Creation & Everything In Between

Week 7 – Production & Experimentation

Production Timesheet/Transcript – 

During the course of the week a transcript had been made based on the creation of the edit and which content we would like to use from the interview. It was then decided that a timesheet of the transcript would be created from the recorded footage document we created on the day of the interview. Mary was able to show us examples of how this timesheet would look at an industry standard and we decided to replicate this format for out production.

Each take name was recorded as well as noting down the name of the video from within that take. The difficult part of this task was watching all of the videos using the recorded take sheet to know which content was talked about in each of the takes and then find the areas of each video where Colin said the exact dialogue from the transcript so although this was quite a tedious process it helps massively in the long run.

Once the time that each piece of dialogue was said and finished these times were recorded as well as how long they played for and in which frames did this take place. We used Premiere in order to preview the videos better to get the times and frames. Noting down the frames in and out of each piece of dialogue are absolutely essential as the frames in and out are what are used as input to create each video in terminal (ffmpeg) from the png sequence that visualise provides us with.

The next stage was then to work out the corresponding audio files for each of the videos and pieces of dialogue. Once all of the video outputs have been created using ffmpeg from all of the renders which have not been completed yet we are then able to add the sound in premiere and export the same video with synced sound. This then means that whenever I bring the videos into unity to link up to the movie texture file I now have an extra group on the video file which is audio that can then be played via an audio source or realspace 3d plugin audio source.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Colin Test Sequence into Unity –

We had carried out lots of tests involving getting this depth kit content into unity but we wanted to make sure it worked well with our own content so we worked on bringing some of the rendered interview content with synced sound into unity to test it out and the video below shows me using the oculus within our previs experience.

Colin Test Sequence into Unity with forward directional movement –

Upon testing our experience with content from the interview we wanted to go a step further and make the previs explorable by having the option to move forwards using the directional button of the keyboard. Although we had tried various experiments with this already we could never actually get it working so it became a technical challenge that we solved and this is the result we managed to achieve.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Information

This entry was posted on March 8, 2016 by in Final Year - Major Project and tagged .
%d bloggers like this: