Interview Questions & Rehearsal
What we worked on today –
- Going through what we researched the day before.
- Colin Davidson and Documentary Storytelling.
- Interview Questions – Re visit
The interview questions are as follows –
Growing up in Belfast – decision to do art at that time – why?
- Tell us a little about your time at Art College? What did you study?
- Being an artist at UU in Belfast in 1987 – 1991, what was the vibe in the art college?
- Leaving art college, what were your hopes and expectations for your career? Were you driven? What sort of options did you have?
- What inspired you to start painting?
- Did you have a mentor or someone who supported you/inspired you through your life/career?
- How did you transition from design firm to professional painting? How did that feel to make that transition? Fear of failure? Excitement? Did it feel right?
- What keeps you motivated now – after many successful pieces and exhibitions? Is it a drive to do better? New? Curiosity to try something different? Or something simpler than that?
- Were you ever in doubt about your career path as a painter?
- What were the challenges you came across …?
- How do you move forward with a creative block? Or doubts? What keeps you going?
- The themes in your work – what are they inspired by? What makes you transition from one thing to the next?
- Throughout your life, has your measurement of success changed? From how you felt at art college to now?
Finding your purpose and passion/Path to purpose
Feature image sourced from – http://www.wholelifestyle.co.uk/category/interviews/ 24/02/16