Ideation, Creation & Everything In Between
The Cardboard SDK is a software development kit plugin for unity which allows you to create virtual reality experiences for the Google Cardboard. I am going to play around with this SDK and see what I can get working for some technical experimentation.
What this plugin will allow me to do is start a new VR project from scratch or I will be able to adapt an existing application or game I have into Virtual reality. I am also interested in the ability to switch in and out of VR mode.
Cardboard SDK For Unity (2016) https://developers.google.com/cardboard/unity/ .Website
“The integration with the Cardboard SDK for Android provides:
- User head tracking
- Side-by-side stereo rendering
- Detecting Cardboard-only user inputs such as the trigger
- Automatic stereo configuration for a specific Cardboard model
- Distortion correction for Cardboard lenses
- An alignment marker to help center the screen under the lenses
- A settings button that links to the Cardboard app for managing headset parameters
- Automatic gyro drift correction”
Further information on the Google Cardboard SDK can be found at – https://developers.google.com/cardboard/unity/ 04/02/16