How To Steal Like An Artist – Austin Kleon
This was a nice little book that Patricia showed us when she was in and I wanted to go find it and read it so thats funnily enough exactly what I did. This was my kind of book as it was short and sweet and helpful here are some notes that I took along the way:
- Steal like an Artist – Nothing is original.
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to make things. Make things – know thyself fake it til’ you make it.
- Write the book you want to read – write what you want.
- Use your hands.
- Side projects and hobbies are important – Hobbies are good for you.
- Do good work, then put it where people can see it, wonder at something and invite others to wonder with you. (All advice is autobiographical)
- Geography is no longer our master.
- Be nice (The world is a small town)
- Be boring (it’s the only way to get work done) Get a log book, record the things you do everyday.
- Creativity is subtraction.
Feature image sourced from: