Ideation, Creation & Everything In Between
This is were things got a bit tricky before I began editing either Brickify_teapot or Brickify_character I had to ensure that one node was locked whilst I was working on the other one to avoid a mess this was done by aright clicking on the node I wanted to unlock and pressing allow editing contents an to lock the node I had to right click again and press match current definition to lock it again. I then had to add a color node into the network by using the tab menu and typing in color this then allowed me to place a color node in the network view. In order for the scene to follow what I was currently doing I had to check use template point attributes so that the copy node would now follow the direction of the color node. I then had to set the color type to random so that the teapot cubes would appear to be a random selection of colors.In the color node level I was able to set the way I wanted the color to be displayed for example constant is one single flat color but random like in the picture above is multi coloured. This is were things got tricky for me I had to write expressions in the color option to set the value of the color for the scene however as you can see from the image above there are two errors an it took me a while to work it out but after debugging I found out that it was a spelling error on the last attribute window in the color option I had typed in $CP however I was supposed to type in $CB . After fixing the error with the expression I was able to add some more controls to my tools UI this was done by using the operator type properties window as shown above and pulling the color and type options into the root menu. Before I done this I had to check off two previx options for name and label so that the UI would not automatically change the name when the changes were applied.
The final part of color tutorial was to make the grid bigger . This is a simple enough action to carry out all I had to do was click on the grid1 node and change to size from 50, 50 to 100, 100. I then got to the rendering stage this proved more complicated than It should have for some reason when trying to reposition my camera my objects were in very good quality they looked good but I could barely tumble the camera around the scene to get the camera angle I wanted. This could be a processing issue with my hardware but I will look into ways of memory saving when creating a scene in Houdini.Finally here is the render view of my lego man and teapot i’m proud of the outcome but am yet to complete this monstrous 1 hour 27 minute long tutorial as its taking me a long time to carry out the actions and document them as I go along. I have 27 minutes left of the tutorial which feature animating the character and teapot in my scene.